The Optanon GDPR Assessment Manager is a unique new tool to help you assess your organisation against the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and create an action plan to meet any requirements where you may be falling short. In the process you will also develop an audit trail to demonstrate your compliance, helping to meet the accountabillity requirements laid down in the legislation.
The GDPR is due to come into force in 2018, will impact almost every organisation, even beyond Europe, and comes with fines of up to 4% of annual turnover for non-compliance. Failure to comply in time therefore carries significant risks.
With the Optanon GDPR Assessment Manager, you can start preparing your organisation now by working out where your biggest compliance gaps are, and developing a plan to close them.
Who is it For?
GDPR Assessment Manager is valuable to organisations of all sizes that are Data Controllers as defined under the Regulation. This includes businesses, not-for-profit enterprises and public authorities. All organisations managing the personal data of employees, customers, consumers or citizens based in the EU are covered by this law. Future versions of the tool will also cover the responsibilities of Data Processors.
Multiple team members are likely to contribute to completing the assessment, and they won’t need to be qualified legal experts to understand the requirements or use the tools effectively. However the lead users of GDPR Assessment Manager will likely be the people or person within your organisation responsible for managing data protection. For many organisations this will be the Data Protection Officer, or for larger organisations, the data protection or privacy team.
- Our unique visual dashboard approach quickly highlights progress in each area of compliance, so you can see where you need to prioritise your efforts.
- Designed to be highly scalable, you can use a single assessment for your whole business, or assess different areas of your business separately.
- Customise the default template to meet the particular needs of your organisation, so you concentrate on the aspects of compliance relevent to your business
- The team-based model enables staff across your organisation to contribute based on their particular knowledge of the business.
- Keep the assessment internal, or share it securely with external consultants or counsel.
- Provides a documents/evidence repository to enable you to demonstrate your compliance and management processes if needed. Some pre-configured templates are provided which you can use to get you started.
Would You Like to Know More?
GDPR Assessment Manager is currently in closed Beta. If you would like to learn more about how it can benefit you, and have a pre-release demo, please get in touch.