In providing our services, we inevitably make use of information from or about you, though we try to keep it to a minimum. Some of this information directly identifies you, such as your contact details, other information is generated by your use of our technologies. This does not directly identify you but is still treated as personal data. The aim of this page is to explain what we use this information for.
- We collect and use information from and about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information, products and services, that you have:
- requested; and/or
- To tell you about other services you may be interested in, that we provide
- To comply with legal obligations we have with:
- law enforcement; and
- other government bodies.
- To protect the legitimate interests of our organisation
- To measure and improve:
- the delivery of our services;
- the performance of our technology.
Some of the above uses involve third party organisations known as Data Processors. They act on our behalf, are prohibited from using the information for any purpose of their own, and operate under binding agreements with us.
The Information we collect is:
- Contact information you provide to us when you register for an account or fill in our contact form.
- Behavioural information we capture through the pages you visit while on the site. This information is linkable back to your device, and by association you personally. However we make no attempt to link any of this data to individuals or their contact information. We only use the data for statistical purposes, and it does not impact your individual use of our services.
We do not share your data with commercial third parties. We do not allow third parties to collect data about you from our site, without you having an opportunity to refuse such collection.
- You may stop us from capturing information about how you use our site. If you have set a Do Not Track request this has already been done.
- You may ask us to delete your account and associated contact information.
- You may ask us to stop sending you marketing emails, by using the unsubscribe link we place in all promotional emails we send.
- If you have an account for our services, we will still send you service emails, to stop these emails you may need to change settings in your account, or ask us to delete it.
Who We Are
The Optanon website and service is owned and operated by Governor Technology, a company registered in England. We can be contacted on email@example.com for any queries about this policy, or directly via the Contact page.
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioners Office which is responsible for regulation of data protection in the UK. You have a right to complain directly to them about your experience of our data practices.